Europe 2017 - Part 7

1 July 2017

Today was the day, we made our way down to Switzerland. Dad has booked us a camping ground near the Glacier. (yes! the Glacier... so you can imagine, the weather). I did not prepare to be going to the Swiss Alps, I mean, it was summer, and I definitely underestimate the temperature there. Like I was genuinely thinking, how bad could it be??

We did stop by the Decathlon there to see if there were anything we could buy for the weather over there. And there was this thermal, selling at 30 Euros, and I thought that it was too expensive for something that I'll probably wont use again. But come to think about it, I should've just spent that 30 bucks, for what I went through for the 3 nights. Dad was already giving me a hard time, saying that "surely Gamuda pay you enough for a 30 Euro thermal kak!"... it shouldve been my very first hint.

The travel from France to Switzerland was definitely a scenic one. So much changes can be seen in this two countries, where France, can be said a little bit flat, as compared to Switzerland where it was much hilly and greener.

Border of France

Kak Ngah and I

We arrived Camp Des Glacier, late evening, and it was already starting to drizzle. Again, we have to setup the tent in the cold weather, where I could hardly breathe.



Look at that, mists and all....



I thought that it was the longest 45 minutes I had to endure. Ibu, was already beginning to prepare for dinner. And I had to say that it was one of the hardest nights I had to go through. Eventhough some would say, it shouldnt be a shock to you, you've lived in this weather before. But in my defense, it was 22 years ago, and I could hardly stand the aircond in my room at home.

So, after dinner, we all retired in our tents. It was tough, but, it was something different and I would do it again!

Comments

Popular Posts