Perhentian Trip

I have always wanted to go on a company trip. But, somehow, Gamuda trips tend to be physically challenging, in which I know I cannot do.

But on one evening, a Perhentian Trip Brochure, suddenly came in the mail. I checked out the itinerary, and it seems like something that I could do.

I was confident.

I of-course had to convince friends to accompany me on this trip. That is because I know, Dad wouldn't let me go without anyone, nor would I want to go alone. I made my pitch to Farah, Nadiah n Kak Faezah. With some difficulty, (on Nadiah & Kak Faezah's part), they all made it on the list to go. And, so did Kak Wan.

10 May 2018
Somehow, the date of the trip fell on the same week as Polling Day. As we were still waiting for the new PM to come on board, we were suppose to get ready for the trip. I myself have not packed. I was still waiting for the swearing-in ceremony of the new PM, and the delay has caused me anxiety. Kak wan and Farah decided to drop out of the trip due to unforeseen circumstances, so it was just Nadiah, Kak Faezah and Myself.

As I was leaving home to meet the rest of the group at Menara Gamuda and Nadiah was already waiting for me at the lobby, I see dad, reluctantly letting me go. This was mostly due to the fainting spell I had on the last boat ride I was on. Yeah, I was nervous, but, I wasn't about to let that incident stop me. (I'm stubborn like dat -- and I know it isn't fair to the family)

Our bus was scheduled to start the journey at about 10pm. But, standard-lah, at 10.30pm only we started moving. The journey there was quite smooth. It was mildly drizzling, making me feel nervous, but, I made a vow to sleep all the way through the journey.


11 May 2018

We arrived at Kuala Besut Jetty at around 6 am, just in time for Subuh prayers. There was a masjid nearby, so we performed our prayers before proceeding to the jetty. Our boat ride to the Perhentian Kecil was at 7.30am. So, we have sometime to take our breakfast. As I was still nervous about the boat ride, I just couldn't eat.


Kuala Besut Jetty, Post Elections

The timing of the boat is so punctual. I can say that the management for this jetty is so much better than the one I went to Tioman. That was a disaster in itself. The boatride wasn't very long, it was approx. 30mins ride. The weather was so beautiful, the sun shining, makes the water even blue-er.

Our home for the weekend was Sharila Resort. A small resort that is overlooking the water, so tranquil and a definite change of pace as compared to the city. I was very much looking forward to a subdued getaway, as oppose to the hectic city holiday that I just had ( read : Surabaya)



When we have already settled in our rooms, it was time for lunch. Lunch was served in the coffee house, it wasn't much but it was alright. Not so big on food myself, so it didnt bother me that the food served was only so-so.

Next on the itinerary was snorkeling. There was a beach nearby the resort. and the water was so clear that the fishes were just nearby the shore. Good practice i should say for someone who has not been in the water for quite some time. As it was shallow, I could get my swimming techniques back and see how much I can take at a time. I used to be a strong swimmer back in the day, but now, I need the help of a life jacket to help me.

Pulau Perhentian was so beautiful. I get to swim and see all sorts of fishes and corals and also turtles! It has been awhile since I have done such an adventurous trip. But, I realised that, with all the hardships that life has thrown at you, never forget to live your life up to the fullest.

Comments

Popular Posts